The History of the Course
Established in 1951 at the Loxton North location the course has been progressively developed by Club Members from their own financial resources over the years. The course was laid out initially by members and then changed in 1963 after Vern Morcom, then the curator at Kingston Heath, was consulted for his design skills. In 1976 Brian Crafter from Adelaide designed 18 grass greens and most of the original greens still exist today. They are regarded by many top golfers as the best greens outside Adelaide for their consistent borrow and quality.
Lush irrigated fairways provide a high standard playing surface all year, although, the course usually reaches its peak during the winter season. There are sand bunkers on 10 holes and a varied range of grassy mounds on the surrounds of most holes.
The course has an abundance of mature Aleppo Pine, various gums and other shade trees lining fairways and surrounds of most holes.
There are established practicing facilities situated near the clubhouse.